Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry
Time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (TOF-SIMS) is a very sensitive surface analytical technique, well established for many industrial and research applications. It provides detailed elemental and molecular information about surfaces, thin layers, interfaces, and full three-dimensional analysis of the samples. The use is widespread, including semiconductors, polymers, paint, coatings, glass, paper, metals, ceramics, biomaterials, pharmaceuticals.
The M6 is the latest generation of high-end TOF-SIMS instruments developed by Scanwel’s partners IONTOF. Its design guarantees superior performance in all fields of SIMS applications. New ground-breaking ion beam and mass analyser technologies make the M6 the benchmark in SIMS instrumentation and the ideal tool for industrial and academic research.
• High lateral resolution (< 50 nm) with the new Nanoprobe 50
• Mass resolution > 30,000 (> 240,000 in hybrid version with additional orbitrap analyser)
• Unique delayed extraction mode for high transmission with high lateral and high mass resolution simultaneously
• Unmatched dynamic range and detection limits
• TOF MS/MS with CID fragmentation for molecular structure elucidation
• New flexible, push-button, closed-loop sample heating and cooling system for long-term operation without user interaction
• Sophisticated SurfaceLab 7 software including fully integrated Multivariate Statistical Analysis (MVSA) software package