Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We may collect and process personal data such as:
• Your name, Company, and job title;
• Your contact information, including email addresses, telephone & fax numbers, postal address;
• Information such as product preferences and interests;
• Other information in relation to potential business activities, such as offers and surveys.
• Website usage data including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, operating system, page views and website navigation paths, length of visit, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use
This information will assist us in providing a better service and addressing customer requirements. It will allow us to:
• Provide quotations
• Process orders
• Inform you of developments and promotions
• Conduct market research
• Improve our website design, layout and ease of use Generally improve our service to you.
• We may also use generic information to customise our website according to the interests and demands of our customers.
Data retention policy
We will retain your information for the period of time that you have an open trade account with us, we will only remove your data when you close your trade account and inform us that you will no longer be using our services. If you do not have an account but use our services, we will retain any information that we hold on you until you instruct us to remove it from our databases. Website usage data is automatically deleted after 26 months.
Keeping personal data secure
In compliance with GDPR, we will ensure that personal data is kept secure. Appropriate procedures are in place to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or distribution.
Your rights as an individual
GDPR provides individuals with extensive rights in relation to the collection, retention, and processing of personal data.
Privacy Notice Your Data – Your Rights
• The Right to be Informed. Individuals have a right to be informed of the processing of their personal data. This Privacy Notice is compliance of that right;
The Right to Access. The right to obtain confirmation of their personal data that is being processed, and be granted access to that information;
• The Right to Rectification. The right to require that incomplete or inaccurate data is rectified;
• The Right to Erase. The right to request the deletion, or removal, of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing or retention;
• The Right to Restrict Processing. The right to restrict or block processing of personal data;
• The Right to Portability. The right to re-use their personal data in different circumstances;
• The Right to Object. The right to object to direct marketing or research;
Rights Related to Automated Decision Making and Profiling – This right provides protection for individuals in relation to the risk of decision being taken without human intervention.
We will never sell, distribute, loan or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission to do so, or if we are required by law to do so.
Data currently held by Scanwel Limited
You may change your mind, or amend your preferences regarding your current personal data held by Scanwel Limited, at any time. You can do this by emailing Scanwel Limited at:
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
UK LL23 7HW
Tel: +44 (0) 1678 530 281